This body of work reviews the history of the electric bass, the variations of early extended-range electric bass guitars and their variations during the 1970s, and analyzes the works of three bass players which helped bring the instrument to prominence. Recordings of these pieces also accompanies the work.
Music, School of
Music and Performing Arts, College of
Master of Music (MM)
2. If It's Magic (Anthony Jackson).wav (41790 kB)
3. Thunder And Birdies (Jimmy Johnson).wav (52763 kB)
4. View From Seventh Heaven (Jimmy Johnson).wav (49249 kB)
5. Got A Match (John Patitucci).wav (58311 kB)
6. Searching, Finding (John Patitucci).wav (52238 kB)
Ananich, Owen, "Pioneers of the Extended-Range Electric Bass" (2021). Composition/Recording Projects. 4.